Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mumble Mumble Mumble...

Ach, another late start! I did not arise until almost 11 o'clock. I can't wait for the time change this coming weekend! I have done a few productive things since I got up. I made the bed, put away all the laundry, and the dishes (3 days' worth!) are soaking in the sink at last! I don't remember the last time I actually made something. I believe it was about a week ago.

I did have a concert weekend, which means long rehearsal on Saturday, and long day on Sunday with warmup and concert. I play violin in the Waukegan Symphony Orchestra. It was a very fun and exciting concert! We played Mendelssohn's Hebrides Overture, Saint Saens' Cello Concerto, an Improvisation for Orchestra, and Beethoven's 5th Symphony. It went quite well and the audience gave us a standing ovation! It was quite the workout and we were all quite worn out when we finished.

I want to, well, I need to keep the house at a higher level of clean, so I am (re)-employing the FlyLady techniques. She is wonderful! She gives you little "routines" to run everyday. They don't take that much time and when you keep up with that little 15 minutes a day, (with the occasional hour of cleaning) the house stays much cleaner overall. It's perfect for me, as I seem to have a very short attention span for cleaning anymore! And to think, I used to clean house for people. I used to love doing it! I guess it appealed to the perfectionist in me. But the short-attention-span-me is crowding out the perfectionist-me of late and I can't say that I mind it at all. Life is more peaceful now, even if it is a bit messier!!

2 comments:

  1. ruins, i am loving the feel of your blog and your pics!! they are so interesting! you can tell you put a lot of thought and effort into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you for saying that bels!! I appreciate it more than I can say!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete