Monday, March 8, 2010

Is It Spring Yet?

Good Monday morning!! I have been hibernating for most of this winter and have not written much here for awhile. I'm digging my way out of my cave and hope to have something interesting to share soon!

I had the great pleasure to play a concert with Waukegan Symphony yesterday. We have more violins now than we have had in years and it is such a joy to have that many! The sound is awesome and the feeling of playing in unison with so many is even better! We had a wonderful piano soloist to play Gershwin's Rhapsody In Blue. It was a tiring but wonderful weekend!

I cleared off my desk and rearranged the drawers - yes, again. I'm still looking for that perfect set-up. You know, the one where everything I need is at my fingertips and everything is neat and orderly all the time? Has anyone succeeded in achieving that goal? If so, please, please leave a comment explaining it!!!

I'm so happy that I finally get to see the Olympics on the NBC website. We have no reliable TV reception since the digital change so we were unable to see it live. But now that they are over all the events are available online! And I don't have to listen to the yammering commentators. I get to see the events as they happened without the criticisms!!

The weather is definitely becoming more spring-like. The snow is slowly melting and the ice cycles are almost gone from the roof. I can't see any grass yet but if these above freezing temps keep up, it won't be long.

I've been making some new jewelry pieces. I'm trying to push myself to create and list more often. My one year anniversary on Etsy is tomorrow!! I am so glad I have my little shop. It's such a joy to wake up everyday to making jewelry!

Here's a little preview of some pieces I'll be listing later today:


So, that's it for my random thoughts posting for today! Happy Monday to all!!

5 comments:

  1. Because you have a great blog to read, and your unending support to the HAFteam, I am passing on this Sunshine Blog Award to your blog. The link will give you info that you will need. Congratulations! http://makinthebestofitcreations.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-am-happy-and-proud-to-say-that-my.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH I am so bad - I did not see this!! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your background image is better than jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not worked on my little blog here in a long time. I can't remember which background image I had but now I see none! :( I'm glad you enjoyed it, whatever it was!

    ReplyDelete