Saturday, July 18, 2009

Celebrating The Small Things

My First Pine Cone!
Well it's my pine tree's first pine cone but I'm the one who is excited! I was mowing the lawn and this lovely pine cone almost decked me!
I planted four pine trees about 15 years ago. I can't remember what type they are. I love gardens and plants and trees but I'm not much good at remembering the names. They have been through a lot.
Two years ago the neighbor's huge old walnut tree fell right on top them! It broke the top third off one of them and stripped all the branches off the south side of another. So I think this pine cone is pretty special. This tree is a survivor!!

2 comments:

  1. I used to love making bird feeders out of pine cones as a kid. Spread some peanut butter and roll it in bird seed, hang it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I remember those! I'll have to try that when these are ripe!

    ReplyDelete